The 2010 Stanley Cup champions will be...

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

...one of the 16 teams who qualified for the playoffs. No, really...I'm supremely confident about this prediction.

Okay, seriously...on to my real predictions.

Western Conference

1. San Jose vs 8. Colorado
San Jose, for all their playoff woes the past few years, get the nod over the inexperienced Avs.
Prediction: San Jose in five

2. Chicago vs 7. Nashville
The Hawks are absolutely loaded, but I have concerns about their goaltending. I think they have enough to get past the Preds, but beyond that, we'll have to see.
Prediction: Chicago in five

3. Vancouver vs 6. Los Angeles
My upset special. I love how the Kings play, and the Canucks aren't healthy enough on D to stop Kopitar, Brown and the rest of the LA snipers. This is going to be a great series.
Prediction: Los Angeles in seven

4. Phoenix vs 5. Detroit
The dream season of the desert dogs comes to an end. The Wings are too strong and too experienced to lose this one.
Prediction: Detroit in six

Eastern Conference

1. Washington vs 8. Montreal

The Habs are awful, and don't deserve this spot. Washington, on the other hand, is spectacular, and will barely break a sweat against the bleu, blanc et rouge.
Prediction: Washington in four

2. New Jersey vs 7. Philadelphia
The other first round upset will see the Devils sent to the golf course early. I can't put my finger on why I think the Flyers will win, but I have a feeling. I've been wrong before, but for some reason, I think I'll be right this time.
Prediction: Philadelphia in seven

3. Buffalo vs 6. Boston

Buffalo has the best goaltender on the planet, and Boston can't score. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
Prediction: Buffalo in five

4. Pittsburgh vs 5. Ottawa
As well as Ottawa played this season, they're not in the same class as the defending champs. Sid the Kid and the Pens will advance with relative ease.
Prediction: Pittsburgh in five

West Semifinals
San Jose over Los Angeles in six
Detroit over Chicago in seven

West Finals
Detroit over San Jose in six

East Semifinals
Washington over Philadelphia in six
Pittsburgh over Buffalo in seven

East Finals

Pittsburgh over Washington in seven

Stanley Cup Finals

Detroit over Pittsburgh in seven

So there we have it. For the third year in a row, the Red Wings will battle the Penguins in the Stanley Cup finals. I know people are probably getting sick of this matchup, but not me. How could I be sick of my beloved Wings taking on the Pens?

Besides, we need a third series between these two teams to determine bragging rights between them. I just hope that when the Wings win, they do it on home ice...I really want to see Nicklas Lidstrom hoist the Cup in Hockeytown.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP